Other Sites

Sunday, May 22, 2011


It is Friday May 20 11:20 pm. I am up in the air over Peru headed back to Atlanta. Our time in Chile has expired and we now return to the States. We got about 7 hrs left till we tap down. I have a lot of time on my hands at this point. So today we all went to lunch together for the last time. I was kind of surprised that that was our only visit to that restaurant seeing as how we’d gone to other places several times. Anyway, the food was good, it was a beautiful day out, and before we knew it, it was time to go. We got to the airport around 4:45 pm and I have no clue what we were waiting on to check in but for some reason the line wasn’t open. The reasoning for this escapes me even to this minute. Once we got to the gate, we had plenty of time to sit and think… some of us completed our surveys we got prior to going on the trip. Others made jokes and looked at photos. Some even managed to do both in all of the 2 hours we had to spare!
Boarding the plane was a blast like usual. Boarding time was 7:05 and we didn’t get on till about 7:30. Lovely. Departure time was 8 and we didn’t take off till about 8:30. Even more lovely. I find it funny that nothing happens on time in Chile. I mean you’d think maybe a handful of things and people would be late, but it’s the whole country. Always approximately 30 min late. Never early and never on time. That’s just how things work here. No big deal right? Back to the plane ride, they showed “The Tourist” starring Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. I’d seen it once before in theaters with a certain special someone, but today it was in Spanish. It was good practice for me to improve my fluency. Now they are playing another movie that I’m not too interested in watching so I think it’s about that time to catch some zzzzzzzzz’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment