Other Sites

Thursday, May 19, 2011

It’s Thursday May 19th 5:45 pm. I like to call today activities day. I got a late start this morning. I ended up waking up around 11 am, which gave me an hour to get ready to be in the lobby at noon to head to the University of Santa Maria. I finally got to shower in water that was above moderate temperature with the help of a roommate. On the one hand, it was about time, but on the other it’s like “way to wait till the last day to figure it out Ry.” Anyway, we went to the University for the final time and listened to the experiences of a student named Stephanie who is from Belgium studying in Chile. I admired the fact that she spoke French, Spanish, and English. When I see things like that, I feel motivated to learn a second language because it could be quite helpful later on. Then we ate lunch at the University. My favorite part today was the bread which was quite tasty. We had an interesting conversation with a student at the table about career plans and such. It wasn’t the whole group this time, just the three of us who were at the table.
Then we left and went to go play soccer. We initially played country vs. country but that turned out to not be such a good idea seeing as how one side had been playing the game since they were kids and the other side had rookies. So we did a bit of mixing up teams and still gave one side a greater number of players. Now we had a game on our hands (how sad right?) Closely following soccer we went right into basketball. Now, you already know who would have won that game country vs. country. So we did a bit more mixing up and the game was pretty good once again. Today was a good day of exercise. Now here am back at the hotel doing what I do: relaxing, listening to music, Skyping, and blogging for my readers like usual. Tonight is our last night here, so you already know we are going in like a set of keys. I have had the time of my life here and the end is approaching, but I’m going to do me till it’s over. We are headed to eat pizza around 8 and afterwards to some club, not sure which one until we get there.

1 comment:

  1. "Going in like a set of Keys?", I can only
    guess what that means. Glad you are having
    "the time of your life". Looking forward to
    seeing you soon.
    Love....

    ReplyDelete