Other Sites

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sat May 7. A whole day of traveling took place. I didnt go to sleep the night before because I was up all night packing. I was excited for my trip to South America. I had been looking forward to it for quite some time. I would have one flight from LAX to ATL for 4.5 hours and another one from ATL to Santiago for 9.5 hours. I would be in the air all day basically. That wasn't the fun part. I was simply waiting for the day we tapped down and began the voyage. Everyone flew in from different places around the country but I met up with the group in Atlanta and we all left together. Fortunately I got plenty of sleep on the first flight, but not so fortunate for the second flight. It was somewhat more comfortable in the sense that it was a bigger plane and had a bit more leg room. We were even provided with a blanket and a pillow, which didn't help much. It was still appreciated though. The food wasn't bad either. I always seemed to wake up at the right time to order a drink or some food. But I couldnt always go back to sleep. Or if I did, it wasnt for very long. I heard stories from colleagues of mine who sat in other sections of the plane that people were loud and fighting and it was freezing and the whole nine yards. Meanwhile I sat in the back where it was calm and..... normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment